6th Grade Center
Groundbreaking Ceremony on November 30, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. Park in the Shamona Creek Lot.
Why does the district need a new school?
- Our two middle schools, grades 6, 7 and 8, are overcrowded. There are 1505 students attending Lionville Middle School and 1350 enrolled in Downingtown Middle School.
- The district has tried for two years to come together with East Brandywine Township to build a middle school on property the district owns on Rt. 322.
- The economy. Construction of an intermediate building is less costly than that of a middle school.
- The district has owned more than 50 acres of land beside Shamona Creek Elementary School for many years. When the elementary school was originally built, site plans included the construction of a second school on this property. There is sufficient water and sewerage on the property for a second school.
- In developing the site and planning the design for the 6th grade center, the architects will take the surrounding landscape into consideration. Fields and walking trails will be accessible to the community.
Click here to ask a question or find one on our FAQ page!