Congratulations go out to Downingtown West students Mark Tremoglie and Tyler Alansky on placing sixth in the nation in Management Decision Making at the Future Business Leaders of America National Leadership Conference. Mark and Tyler scored within the top ten on the 100 question objective test which qualified them for the second round of the competition. In the second round, they were given a scenario with a business management problem and twenty minutes to come up with a viable plan to solve the problem. They then needed to present the plan to a panel of business experts, allowing for a question and answer session within the allotted presentation time. Over 10,000 students from across America participated in the FBLA NLC, which took place from June 29 to July 2 in Nashville, TN.
Downingtown West is among the top 40 America's Most Challenging Schools according to the Washington Post. To read the full details of the ranking, click here.
Congratulations to Downingtown West who received a Silver Medal ranking from US News and World Reports.
- West was ranked 1194 out of 4707 total schools who received a medal ranking.
- West was ranked 31 out of 690 total PA high schools.
- West ranked in the top 3% of all high schools in the nation.
- Click here to see the entire article on the web.
DHS West was presented with the Governor's Award for Excellence in Education during a recent visit by the Secretary of Education to DASD.
DHS West scored a 93.3% in School Performance Profile. That puts us in the top 9% of all high schools in Pennsylvania! Congratulations, Whippets!
- The Downingtown Area School District is offering a Summer Alternative Credit Program that includes individual tutoring and online coursework for both remedial and original credit. Click here for more information.
Alternative Credit Application.pdf
- Downingtown is headed to France and Spain! Come with us experience culture, food, language, and people as you have never done before!! Click here to learn more!
- New to the area? For information on Registration for the 2014-2015 school year, please contact DASD Central Office at 610-269-8460.