Instructions: How to get Working Papers
We now have two locations to obtain Working Papers. Please call the office prior to your visit to make sure that the office is open.
Downingtown High School East
Chelly Mazzei – 610-363-6400 ext. 5990
Downingtown High School West
Donna Terramin - 610-269-4400 ext. 7590
Please Note: There has been a change to the work permit process
All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure a Work Permit before they may begin to work. Exceptions to this law are 17 year old students who have graduated or have officially withdrawn from school. Students who have reached age 18, by state law, do not need a work permit.
- You do not need a job offer to obtain a work permit.
- If you are a minor, ages 16 -17, and currently possess a valid work permit, you may continue to use that permit to work.
- If you are a minor, ages 14 - 15, and possess a vacation work permit and desire to work for another employer, obtain a new work permit from the issuing officer in your school.
- A parent/guardian does not need to sign in the presence of the school officer. Only Part B of the application needs to be completed by the parent.
- A physician does not need to sign off on the application.
How to obtain a work permit.
1. Pick up an application in the main lobby or the main office or print out a copy. Application for Work Permit.pdf
2. Parent/guardian completes Part B ONLY (signature, name & address)
3. Bring the application back to the school with the appropriate proof of age (transcript of birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport or driver’s license)
4. The school official will complete Part A of the application for work permit and issue the work permit to the student.
Hours to obtain the application and/or the work permit are Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Click on the link below and print out an application permit.
Application for Work Permit.pdf